Friday, October 18, 2013

Let the Rivalry Begin

I've been a Dallas Cowboys fan for over twenty years (two thirds of my life already - Christ, I'm old), so you would think that my allegiance would steer me away from certain people.  Well, that's apparently not the case, as my girlfriend just so happens to be a Philadelphia Eagles fan.  They are staunch rivals, always have been.  It's like the Red Sox and Yankees, Celtics and Lakers or Batman and Superman.

This is our first football season together and up until this point, we've been supporters of eachother's team (because it's so much more fun to watch the Redskins and Giants lose when you have someone else laughing at them right next to you).  This Sunday it all comes to a head.  Not only is it the first meeting between the Cowboys and Eagles, we come in with first place on the line as our matching 3-3 records add an extra wrinkle to an already meaningful game in our household.

We've spent the last week gently ribbing eachother about our respective teams, and in the spirit of gamesmanship, I present to you a bit more of that:

















I know Andy Reid is no longer the coach, but I couldn't not post these.



Does anyone have a couch I can crash on for a few days (starting Sunday night)?


No comments:

Post a Comment