Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Album Review: AC/DC – Stiff Upper Lip (2000)

Overview: 
I have a confession to make, this was my first AC/DC album, yes, before Back in Black, before Highway to Hell.  I still have a bit of a soft spot for this album, and while it’s a little long and tends to overstay its welcome by the end, I still hold it in very high regard.

Tracks you may know: 
Stiff Upper Lip – One of my favorite tracks in the catalogue, a killer riff with a great solo about halfway through the song.  AC/DC at its finest.

Tracks you should know:
Come and Get It – There’s something about hearing Brian Johnson growl the challenge “come and get it” that makes me very confident he’d have my back in fight.

All Screwed Up – A fast moving romp of a song, not quite “Rocker” level, but the guitarwork on this one is cleaner.

My personal favorite:
I have to go with “Stiff Upper Lip”.  If you listen to no other song on this album, listen to that one. 

Album rating: 
A great album (I am a little biased, I admit) that just builds on their late career resurgence.  By now the myth of AC/DC was just as important as their output, and their output was phenomenal.


8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment