Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Villain Bracket Second Round Breakdown


Please note, the names in italics are the movie/comic/cartoon/game that the villain appears.

Comic Book Region:

Dr. Doom Fantastic Four (1) v. 
Loki Thor (9) –


Matt- There’s an outside chance Loki could win this one based on his boom in popularity since The Avengers, but I think Doom gets the coolness factor plus the legacy vote. 
Nik- It ultimately depends on the bulk of who’s voting. If it’s staunch comic nerds, Doom wins. If it’s those who’ve hopped on the comic train after the movies, 
I believe Loki’d take it.


Galactus Fantastic Four (5) v.
Magneto X-Men (4) –


Matt- This one is tough.  While I really like Magneto, I don’t think he would top Galactus.  When you eat planets as a job and a hobby, you’ve got quite the leg-up on your competition.
Nik- Could Magneto manipulate Galactus’s armor and stuff? Maybe. He is pretty powerful. But, in terms of all around bad-assery, I have to agree with Matt here, Galactus would totally win.



Thanos Various Marvel Comics (6) 
v. Lex Luthor Superman (3) –

Matt- Thanos was able to take one for “Team Marvel” in the first round, but this one will go to Lex Luthor.
Nik- Again, I have to agree. If this came out post-Guardians of the Galaxy movie, maybe Thanos’d stand a chance. As of right now, though, Luthor wins.
 


Joker Batman (2) v. 
Apocalypse X-Men (10) –


Matt- Joker, all the way.  Maybe after X-Men: Apocalypse comes out in a few years will he have some more juice in this fight, but between the movies, comics and Arkham video games, Joker will be a pretty tough out.
Nik- Joker is the quintessential villain in my eyes. While Apocalypse is cool in his own right, Joker has much more backing here. And, c’mon, Mark Hamill did his voice.


Cartoon Region:

Megatron Transformers (1) v. 
Mr. Burns The Simpsons (8)  –


Matt- I like Mr. Burns here, the problem is that I like Megatron more.  If it was anyone else against Mr. Burns I would pick him but the eight seed hamstrung him.
Nik- Nope. I still think Mr. Burns wins. I think you’re letting your love for Transformers cloud your vision here.


Mumm-Ra Thundercats (5) v. 
Skeletor He-Man (4) –


Matt- This is an interesting matchup as two of my favorite cartoon villains growing up go head to head.  I will have to give it to Skeletor, but this will be close.

Nik- Wow. Yeah. These are the ultimate classics here. I would actually go with Mumm-Ra on this one, because he was always much scarier to me.

 

Shredder Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (3)  
v.  Gargamel Smurfs (11) –


Matt- Somehow, Gargamel won in the first round, but his luck runs out here against Shredder. 
Nik- Haha. Gargamel. Ah. Shredder wins.



Krang Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (7) v. 
Cobra Commander GI Joe (2) –


Matt- You know what?  I’m going to call the upset.  Krang over Cobra Commander.  There, I did it.
Nik- I would actually agree with Matt here, and not even call it an upset. A brain in a weird bionic dude’s stomach? Way better than Cobra Commander, the Team Rocket of GI Joes.



Movie Region:

Darth Vader Star Wars (1) v. 
Leatherface Texas Chainsaw Massacre (8) –


Matt- Leatherface’s narrow victory in round one just set him up to be smoked by Vader in round two.
Nik- Yeah. Vader will stomp Leatherface. No doubt.



Voldemort Harry Potter (5) v. 
Sauron The Lord of the Rings (4) –

Matt- This is tough.  Not being a fan of Harry Potter I would choose Sauron, but I have a feeling this is Voldemort’s to lose.

Nik- I think Voldemort could totally take Sauron. What’s Sauron, really? An eyeball with a couple Nazgul? He Who Shall blahblahblah wins.


Dracula Dracula (6) v. 
Alien Alien (3) –


Matt-  I like the Xenomorph here, but only barely.  I could easily see Dracula taking this.  Regardless, it’ll be close.
Nik- Xenomorph, all the way! He will wreck the vamp!


Predator Predator (2) v. 
Michael Corleone 
The Godfather (10) –


Matt- Corleone was bad, the Predator is worse.  I think the Predator wins convincingly.
Nik- This is like saying an apple is more evil than an orange. Two different types of nutritious evil. But I will definitely have to go with the Predator on this one. Much cooler. 
Now, if Al Pacino had played the Predator…



Video Game Region:

Bowser Super Mario Brothers (1) v. Donkey Kong Donkey Kong (9) –


Matt- Donkey Kong’s victory will be short-lived as Bowser wins this one.
Nik- Wow. Mario’s nemeses. Bowser is just way cooler than DK as a villain, I’m afraid. Despite the old school\nostalgic factor, the ape goes down.


Ridley Metroid (5) v. 
Eggman Sonic the Hedgehog (4) –


Matt- I’m going to choose Ridley here, more out of wishful thinking than anything else.
Nik- Haha. Likewise. It saddens me a little that Eggman’s gone this far.



M. Bison Street Fighter (6) v. 
Dr. Wiley Mega Man (3) –


Matt- Dr. Wiley for the win!
Nik- Raul Julia as M. Bison? Still couldn’t beat the creepy evil scientist. I am definitely letting childhood memories affect this decision, but Wiley.


Goro Mortal Kombat (7) v. 
Ganon Legend of Zelda (2)–


Matt- I like Goro, I really do, but much like Mr. Burns I think he’s just a victim of his seed as Ganon is too much.


Nik- Ganon. No question. Goro’s cool and all. But, c’mon. Zelda or Mortal Kombat? Ganon to the end.





No comments:

Post a Comment