Friday, March 22, 2013

Eat @ Shrimpy's Sketch-A-Thon Update


Just as a quick update; I am in the final stages of getting confirmation from Destiny USA on the event, as soon as my liability insurance form comes we will be all set to go and I will hopefully get a concrete spot within the mall that I can pass along to all of you.

On the creative side, I have one artistic volunteer signed up and a couple that are donating some pieces that will be for sale.  I know these people, and I know the quality of their art, you will want to get there early before someone else snatches them up.  I will also have around fifty color sketch cards on sale.  They should be complete within the next week and I will let you see them ahead of time.  Again, get there early for these as they are originals and once they are gone, they are gone.  The free sketches will be similar to the color ones in style, just done in black and white to meet the quick turnaround that will be needed.  Please note that all of the proceeds from the donations and everything sold will go straight to Autism Speaks for use in autism advocacy and research.

My brother Brandon, who has worked in both child and adult special education programs will be on hand all day with me to help answer any questions that you have, and we will have phone numbers you can call if your questions are beyond the breadth of our combined knowledge.  I ask that if you want to talk in depth with me about anything that you come a little later in the day as I have a feeling that the first few hours will be the busiest and may not leave a lot of time to chat, and I don't want to ignore anyone that comes by, on purpose or otherwise.

I will be receiving the Autism Speaks literature from the home office soon and that will be available to not only look at, but to take home as well...all for free!

Two weeks after that on May 19 I will be at the Walk Now for Autism event in Longbranch Park in Liverpool doing another, more condensed, sketch-a-thon.  I will be bringing any of my leftover sketches with me and will be creating free on-the-spot sketches there as well, so feel free to stop out to both!

And a final note: April is national autism month, with April second as light it up blue for autism speaks day.  Head down to your local home depot and purchase a blue lightbulb.  For each blue lightbulb they sell, they will donate $1 to Autism Speaks.  It may not seem like much, but all of those dollars add up.

Thanks in advance for all your help and support, and I look forward to seeing all of you on the fourth!

No comments:

Post a Comment