Friday, March 29, 2013

Small Sketch-A-Thon Update

There isn't a whole lot to report at this point.  I know that last week I said I would have a definitive place in the mall that I would be located, but because of some conflicting information between two of the parties, I am still not only without the necessary liability insurance, but also waiting for more information so that I can complete this last, albeit necessary, step and move forward from there.

Those of you that know me know that I am not the most spontaneous of guys, so every day that this is not ready to go in terms of the setup leaves me a little twitchy.  Just know that I am doing everything in my power to finish up all of these little details so I can get to the part that will make me, and you, the happiest.  I would love to be able to just sit down, take out a pencil and a brush and just draw.  You know that's where my heart lies, and always will, on the production end, the end that makes people happy and "delivers the goods" so to speak.  All this background stuff is the part that is frustrating and makes it hard to do the part that I love, the part that will actually do the most good.

You would think that trying to do something good, something where all of the proceeds will go to a charity as well as raise the awareness of a disorder (and as I learned at a meeting last week, that is one of the main goals of Autism Speaks), would require a little less in the way of hoops to jump through, but no.  Oh well, bureaucracy is bullshit but it's the eggs you need to crack to make the omelet.

On a lighter note.  The color sketch cards are nearly done (and will be done tonight).  I will post pictures of the cards on here and on my facebook page so that you can see them ahead of time, and even get an idea of what you may want to purchase or request when you stop by the table.  Those will go up either later tonight, or (more likely) early tomorrow.

I appreciate everyone's support so far and cant wait to see you all there on May 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment