Friday, April 12, 2013

Denouement

With this we conclude the "Robbin' the Cradle" storyline.

An interesting note about this strip:  This story was actually originally intended to end with Wednesday's strip,  at least, that's how I had it written when I originally put pen to paper back in 2006.  When I started to gather these strips and put them together so that I could create this site, I re-read this story.  I really didn't like how the story ended with everyone assuming that Sluggy was a dirty pedophile.  He's incredibly unorthodox as a character and always says things that others would find offensive, but to me, it was important that something like this didn't become his "legacy".  I have some very interesting stories to tell with Sluggy in the future and don't want anyone's enjoyment of those to be impeded by thinking that he is too much of a creeper.  

Yes, these are the kinds of things that I think of.  I guess when you have been invested in a group of characters for close to sixteen years as I have with Shrimpy and the gang, you want to ensure that they remain relatively untarnished, even if unorthodox behavior is a part of who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment