Monday, April 15, 2013

March Madness Cartoon Bracket: The Winner is...


It was close, but The Simpsons took it.  In a strangely related note, I watched both Looney Tunes and the newest episode of The Simpsons last night, and was laughing my ass off at both.  I know many have said that The Simpsons has fallen off in terms of quality (and in general I would have to agree) but while last night's premise was tired and overused (Homer is a bad husband - and in other news grass is green), the execution was spot on and hilarious ("You can't spell lousy without 'us'" being one of my favorite lines).  

In short, there may only be one winner here, but if you are depriving yourself of either of the two cartoons in the championship round, you are the one that has lost.

I would like to thank Nik for not only agreeing to do this in  the first place, but for providing great analysis and commentary.  I would also like to thank everyone that voted, your support and interaction made this quite the enjoyable experience.  If you have any suggestions for the next bracket, leave a comment here or on my facebook page.  If you have any ideas for things you would like Nik and I to provide a back and forth commentary for, let me know that as well.

And finally, a look at the complete bracket:


No comments:

Post a Comment