Friday, July 13, 2012

WTF 7.9-7.13


This day in “not news”
-Nik

            Really? Is this propaganda? An allegory for Obamacare? "He's going to kill us all! Starting with our poor elderly!"
            Or is it the opposite? "We should be so honored to meet the President, that the proper thing to do afterward is just die. Like this truly patriotic woman!"
            Both stupid. Still not news.

Flying the friendly skies
-Nik

            I can't believe they wouldn't tell us what she was singing! It must've been something important. And was she still singing when she got off the plane? I'm assuming she wasn't when she got on the second plane, otherwise they'd've commented. So when did she stop?
-Matt – I hope it was “leaving on a jet plane”.  I wonder if she changed her song to “Fuck the police” when they asked her to exit the plane.  Either way, this is what shows like Glee are doing to this country.

Stick to hunting, Uncle Ted
-Nik

            This guy just keeps opening his vapid idiot-hole. Cancel his current "reality tv show" (if it's still going, I don't even know), and then set up a new one. "World's Most Dangerous Game." We run a contest to get people to try out, show their talents in hunting, tracking, hiding, et cetera. Then, the top five winners get to hunt the Nuge. Each hunter gets the same cache of weapons, including the prey, but they bring their personal skills to the mix. Think of it as a higher stakes Hunger Games. Oh shit. The Nugent Games. Sold.
-Matt- I love the Nuge, but even I know that his outspoken views on pretty much everything bring nothing to the table.  Just focus on hunting and concerts in the South and you’ll be fine Ted.

You can make a difference
-Nik

            This happens every year. With the more obscure and stupid holidays in the mix now too. It's bad enough to see Christmas decorations on Halloween. But now, in July, we're starting Back to School crap already? Oh, and I'm sure our founding fathers really strove for our freedom so that we could buy a couch at a discount. Thanks Presidents' Day Sales at Raymour & Flannigan.
            Using holidays to sell shit is getting old, and quite grotesque, really. Every time a big holiday rolls around, I hear people complaining, "Oh, I hear Christmas music already and it's only Thanksgiving." "Why would they put up Christmas decorations so soon? I haven't even finished my turkey yet." And the like. I agree. Wholeheartedly.
            But, until the consumerist zombies of America stop buying in and jumping on these "deals", these pre-holiday holiday sales, they're going to keep doing them, and doing them earlier and earlier. And by the way, people who complain about these sales: half of you to whom I've spoken, still go to the damn sales! You can't bitch to me and then go support them! Counter-productive! "Oh, but one person won't make a difference, and it's a good sale." Then don't complain. If every person who said "One person won't make a difference" didn't go to the October New Years event, then it'd make a damn difference!

Buddy comedy in the works?
-Nik

            Maybe this is a sign from the powers that be. "This just in: the set of the new Die Hard movie was consumed in flames today when the fist of an angry god came down and smote the shit out of the people who thought this would be a good idea. And now for weather, Skip Johnson."
            Bruce Willis: give it up. Every one of your "action flicks" has become a blur of shooting guns and shitty lines (watch the trailer for the new GI JOE movie coming out if you don't believe me).
            Sir Patrick Stewart: I'm just disappointed. (unless you're playing Willis's plucky sidekick. That'd be hilarious. I'd actually go see it then.)
-Matt- I would pay to see Willis and Stewart in a Lethal Weapon-style buddy comedy.  Just to see Patrick Stewart say “I’m too old for this shit.”  Priceless.

Cold dose of reality
-Nik

            This is awesome. I'm so happy to see the current generation of kids break out of their ennui for a second to express their feelings. I do see a deeper lying problem, though. If Seventeen is claiming that they've never made girls thinner via photoshopping/digital touch-up, then they've just chosen to photograph the picturesque skinny girls. And even if the girls are healthy young models (which they're out there, I'm not saying the magazine's lying there), it means that Seventeen is making the conscious choice only to use those kinds of models. You're not being cutting edge using "healthy models" if the models don't even need a touch up.
            If you want to fairly represent the self-conscious seventeen year old girl that your magazine is catered to, I want to see a picture of a girl all in black (lipstick included), wearing long sleeves over her hands and her bangs over her eyes. I want to see a happy girl who is heavier than what you show. I want to see her with a big ass smile on her face, eating from a pint of ice cream. And while you're at it, I want to see the gay theatre guy in there as well, putting make-up on in the dressing room mirror as he gets ready for a performance of Rent. (*disclaimer: I'm not saying all theater guys in high school are gay. I was in every play in high school, and went on to be a drama major in college, and I maintain my straightness to this day. In fact, I encourage all walks of sexuality to pursue theater in high school!) And y'know, put in the brave girl who's not afraid to admit she's a lesbian as well. Show her holding hands with her girlfriend as they walk down the school hall. And lastly, I want to see a Hispanic girl, an Asian girl, a black and a white all at the same lunch table, all of different body types, all wearing different styles of clothing, laughing and talking together.
            If you're touting equality and the "true seventeen year old girl" represented in your magazine, show me. You can release as many statements as you want, but while I still see skinny white girls in your magazine (photshopped or not), you're just blowing smoke up those poor girls' asses. (which you pay a lot of money to do in Taiwan)

This just in, hot girls attract creeps on the internet
-Matt


            Not that stalking of any kind is funny at all, but come on.  Is anyone surprised here?  I love that the first paragraph of the article says “Kourtney Reppert describes herself as a glamour model and an online personality. She posts semi-nude photos of herself online and sends out life-affirming tweets, which has earned her hundreds of thousands of adoring followers.”  Yup, cuz it’s the life affirming tweets that gets you thousands of followers, not your tits and ass.  If you draw attention to yourself in that manner, you kind of have to expect it.  This doesn’t excuse the stalker because those were some pretty vicious things that were written, but Kourtney should have not been so naïve about it.  There are many times where hot women are just ogled online, some quiet sweaty dude in a basement somewhere while he wife is asleep upstairs, or a teenage boy that is too shy to ask the girl at school out so he resorts to beating off to pictures of ass and side-boob.  It’s not very often that it gets this far, but it does, and being an attractive woman increases those odds exponentially.
            Luckily, Kourtney did the right thing and contacted the police, who found the 47-year old guy, that’s right, living with his mother.  Yup.  Way to be the stereotype.  Kourtney says that she doesn’t “feel safe”, and honestly, she shouldn’t.  No one should, especially when their visage is plastered all over the internet for every perv to beat off to in a public library in Chicago. 
            As an aside, I would like to apply for the job of proofreader for these articles.  Obviously whoever currently owns that gig has fallen asleep at the wheel.  Christ, how hard is it to read an article and make sure that words are used correctly?  It bothers me to no end that so called “news outlets” let something as simple as editing get away from them.  At that point you are just a blogger.  A dirty, dirty blogger.
Boo Fucking Hoo
-Matt


Is this really necessary?  I get it, your four year old kid likes Steve Nash, probably because daddy likes Steve Nash, or because mommy once banged a Canadian guy that looked like Steve Nash, I don’t know.  Why, pray tell, is it necessary to post a video of your child crying over this?  This is not an isolated incident either, after every popular player leaves the team they have made a large contribution to we always get the obligatory crying child YouTube video.  Stop it.  Just fucking stop it.  This is how sports is.  It is a business and nothing is sacred.  Your shitty kid crying over it (and you posting it online like the attention whore that you are) will not change how sports are managed.  Quit exploiting your kid for pageviews.  The sooner you explain to them that the world is full of disappointment and heartache, the better off they will be.

Living the American Dream
-Matt


            The supposed best thing about America is that you can be whatever you want to be (if you have the latent ability or talent and have the money to spend on refining or honing your skill).  So I guess that we should chalk this up as a win for American ingenuity, but I can’t see this as a win without wanting to punch myself in the face.  Seriously, lady?  I don’t care what positive effects cuddling can have on someone, the fat that I have to pay you $60 an hour just to spoon you makes me angry.  Not an irrational “burn the world down” kind of angry, but more along the lines of a “who would believe that guy in the email is a Nigerian prince” kind of angry.  I have an idea, if at anytime anyone has an idea that they think will be great (such as this nugget of wisdom) I will come over to your house and for $20 and a glass of Kool-Aid I will hit you repeatedly with a waffle ball bat.
            You are welcome America!

Just Desserts
-Matt


I’m sorry, I know that these people have to basically survive on scraps and any chance to get something for nothing should not be pissed away, but if you are basically stealing fuel and you get blown up, isn’t that par for the course?  Does it make me heartless to think this?  More importantly, do I care?

No comments:

Post a Comment